Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nails Inc. Wyndham Collection

Hey y'all! I did my nails. Again! haha I went out yesterday in search of a new purse and Zoya nail polish. I did get my purse but I ended up buying Nails Inc polish instead! Sephora doesn't sell Zoya, but I found this polish which I had noticed before and didn't get for Christmas. So I went ahead and got it. Zoya will have to wait until I can get to Ulta. They may not even have the shade I'm looking for, which is Kelly. (yes, they have shades with real names! And I have a shade! According to their site it's the must have color of the season! Check out www.zoya.com to see what shade you are!) Anyway, back to Nails Inc! They have three different collections for the 'special effects'. The Wyndham Collection, The Old Vic Collection and the Donmar Collection. Each comes with two polishes. A base color and an overglaze top coat. The set is $20. So it's pricey, but really not too bad when you consider it's $10 a bottle and that's still cheaper than butter London. I had never used a Nails Inc product before this and I must say I was highly impressed! I purchased the Wyndham collection which has a base of Teal Black Kensington polish and the Wyndham overglaze top coat. (Donmar comes with Plum Black Chelsea and Donmar overglaze. Old Vic comes with Black Taxi polish and Old Vic overglaze) This polish went on so smooth and so easily! I don't think I've had a polish go on so smoothly! I also thought it seemed to dry faster than most other polishes. All you do with this polish is apply two coats of the base (after first applying a clear base coat of course) and then apply a coat of the overglaze (or enough to how you like it). Then finish of course with a clear top coat. We'll see how long it lasts! It was difficult to get good pictures of them because of their different sparkly look! I saw someone say they look like granite... and I think that's a pretty accurate description! I couldn't think of a good way to describe them but I think that would be it. Here's the pics..... as best as I could get them. haha


In some light the specks look blueish, but most of the time I'd say it's greenish. Either way, I love it!! 

Not much else to report on today.... I did purchase some Sigma brushes last night online. (yeah, I had a Treat Yo Self day haha) So I'll update y'all as soon as they get here and I can try them out! I bought The Cities - Paris, which comes with seven brushes and a travel container for them that turns into two cups to hold the brushes in! And they're in a pinkish-red color. I've been seeing a lot of these brushes on my new favorite beauty blog, Makeup by Tiffany D! (there's a link to her blog on the left side) Anyway, so far I definitely recommend Nails Inc! (they also have a magnetic polish that looks interesting..) I'll be back hopefully soon with a review on my Sigma brushes! Til then, glam it up!

2 comments:

  1. Ulta has Zoya polishes, and they have a whole bunch of colors on sale right now! You should look there! And by the way, those Sally Hansen Peppermint Twist nail stickers I was so excited to wear for the holidays? They were pathetic. They started popping off the same day I put them on. I glued the same stickers back on 2 - 3 times each, and eventually just had to take them all off before Christmas. I hope they worked better for you than they did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went yesterday to Ulta and got it!! So that'll be my next color! As soon as these start chipping, Zoya will go on! However my Nails Inc hasn't chipped at all really!! So far, they're holding up really well!
    I didn't keep mine on long enough really.... they started coming up at the edges so of course I started peeling them. =P But I wasn't super impressed with those the longer I had them on.... the colors seemed dull to me.... I loved the Plaid one! They have lots of new prints! I almost bought the Love Letter print at Ulta but stopped myself when I remembered they're cheaper at Walmart! Have you tried any other prints lately?? I noticed that Ulta had butter London prints on sale for $10!

    ReplyDelete