Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Salon Effects Part 2: Peppermint Twist (And Other Things)

I'm doing my part 2 on the Sally Hansen Salon Effects sooner than I thought I would. I found that I really got tired of the Prep pattern quickly, not to mention I was bored with the black and silver. So I decided to go ahead and apply my Peppermint Twist pattern. I can't decide how I feel on it. I think I'm liking it. lol Tell me what you all think of it!


I had a request to talk about the difference between liquid liner and pencil (or also what I call almost a crayon liner) I used to be a die hard user of the Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus. Liquid liner completely freaked me out. I had tried it before and it just went everywhere, including in my eyes! I kept wanting to try liquid because I really feel like it looks better. I went to Sephora and asked a sales associate what they thought. I told her my issues and she directed me to Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. It truly is the best liner I've ever used. Super easy to apply, doesn't smudge or get everywhere... I love it! After having used both kinds, I feel like the biggest difference is the effect. Pencil or crayon in my opinion just isn't as dramatic I guess as liquid. I think the liquid tends to be a truer black (or whatever shade you choose) and it's easier to make different size lines and a cat eye. That's my opinion on the two. I would recommend liquid (particularly Kat Von D), however in the end you should use what you like best! And definitely talk with sales associates about advice on products! Sephora has always been soooo great about helping me find the right product for me. 

While I was putting on my makeup yesterday I realized I have something I haven't mentioned! Anyone heard of the brand TheBalm? I only have one product from them currently, but I love it for two reasons. 1. Their packaging is SUPER CUTE! I'm a total sucker for anything vintage, so they won me over immediately just for that. 2. This particular product can be used in a couple of different ways... as eyeshadow or as a luminizer. The shade is perfect to work with just about any combination of other shadows and is also great for lightening up your face (maybe if you happen to apply too much bronzer or have spots you wants to make lighter or if you just want to look a little more 'shimmery'!) Note: the actual shade is much lighter than pictured. 
I also noticed they just started carrying nail polish! Right up my alley! So I may try out a bottle. They want the same as OPI, so I expect them to live up to the same standards that OPI meets! Their polish is called Hot Ticket and looks like it has a fairly wide variety. The question is whether I not I already have something similar! I do like that they describe the shade underneath the fun names of the polishes!

Also, many places I mentioned yesterday in my Cyber Monday post have extended their sales! 

Finally I gotta share with you all that today is Dollar Day at the Tebow Foundation! If you know me at all, you know that my most favorite guy on the face of this planet is Tim Tebow. He truly is an amazing godly man whose beliefs and values are right in line with mine. I'm also happy he's our QB and he's helping make us awesome again, but he could quit football tomorrow and he would still be my most favorite guy on this planet and I'd still want to marry him. Yep I said it. ANYWAY. lol All you have to do on Dollar Day is donate one dollar towards his Cure Hospital in the Philippines! (of course you can always donate more if you feel led to!) It's a great cause and being generous is always glamourous and in style! 

Any other requests or questions?? Send them my way! In the meantime, glam it up ladies! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Peppermint Twist prints! I've tried for years to paint my nails in candy cane stripes for the holidays, and let's just say I never got them to look like this....Oh, and I just received an Ulta mailer with a coupon for $5 off a $10 purchase! Think I know what I'll be using my coupon to buy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to like them! Our waitress at Olive Garden even complimented me on them tonight! Are you going to buy some Sally Hansens?? (I found out you can't use the coupons on butter London products.... which is seriously ridiculous!)

    ReplyDelete