Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Winter Collection Part 1

A couple of things to share today....... first, look what I've got in my hot little hands today! 

Sooo excited!! From left to right: Peppermint Twist, Snow Bunny, Prep's Cool, and Plaid About You. I'll post a picture later in this post of my first one. I'm doing Prep's Cool first! (I'm saving the others as they're more Christmasy!) 

Secondly, I wanted to share another eye makeup look! 
This look is just like the smokey eye, except it's from Too Faced's Natural Eye palette. This is also from the 'Fashion' instruction card for that palette. I have both pictures so it shows more of the eyeliner and the mascara. I just started doing the lower lash liner over only half of my eye. This trick I got from Jessie James' makeup video. (@TheJessicaJames on twitter) Here is the link to her great makeup tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iYs-cCXDG4&feature=player_embedded
I swear I don't walk around with my eyes like that. Only wanted to show the liner AND the shadow in that pic. lol For everything else, please refer to the My Favorite Things post! 

Ok, Prep's Cool has been applied! 
Thoughts? I like the pattern! I thought this print stuck to my fingers more than the others... but that didn't seem to cause too much trouble really. Of course I did a full mani/pedi with these! HIGHLY recommend doing this so you get your full money's worth out of it. DO NOT keep the leftover strips (I try to make it so I only have one left over from each set) because they will dry out. If you haven't tried Sally Hansen's Salon Effects... do it! So easy and they look great! I promise you'll have people asking if you did them yourself. To which I always respond yes. ;-) I can't wait to try the other winter prints! Do you plan on trying any of them? If so, which ones? Share! =) 

Finally, I must recommend that everyone go see The Muppets! I saw it tonight and LOVED IT. It had adult humor, tons of celeb cameos and of course, nostalgia. I'm pretty sure I was smiling the entire movie. Sooo great. Go see it! =) 

Hope you all have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving! And be sure to get some great polish and/or makeup deals on Black Friday! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the new Christmas prints! Where did you find them? The peppermint ones are my favorite -- definitely going to try those this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked!!! I feel like Kermit waving his arms around all excitedly yelling yeahhhhhh!! Woooooo!!! Yayyyy!! Hahaha anyway I got mine at target! I also found a whole bunch of new regular prints at Walmart! I'll definitely be getting those and posting on them! I'm excited to try the other holiday ones... I'm kind of bored with the black and gray. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Muppets was awesome! I'm so glad we went to see it! As a recovering nail bitter do you have any suggestions for getting my nails to grow stronger and longer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too!! It was so good! =) Well... I've never been a nail biter...... however I've heard some people have success by getting acrylic nails (to get them to stop biting). Those tend to be pricey though..... have you ever tried any of the strengthening oils?? I would try some of those. Sally Hansen has some I know and would probably be a good product. Give those a shot and see how it works! =)

    ReplyDelete