Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Favorite Things: Smokey Eyes and Hillary Scott

Today I thought I would share with you a few favorite things. First up, one of my eye makeup looks.
This look is actually pretty easy. Before you do anything I recommend using some kind of shadow primer. I never used this before I purchased Too Faced's Shadow Insurance. 
It's kind of pricey at $18, however it should last quite awhile as a little goes a long way. What I love about this primer is that it helps to really show the true color of shadows and it protects against creasing! Love it and will never be without it from now on! Next up, I simply use Too Faced's Smokey Eye Palette. 
I honestly was scared to try a smokey eye before this. I always thought I'd look like I had a black eye or something. Not so with this palette! You can go as smokey as you want. This look is the most I go and is directly from the 'Fashion' instruction card. The only thing I don't do is shadow on the lower lashes. I also add some of the White Lie shadow right under my brows on this look just because I don't like bare skin on my eyes when I do shadow. The great thing about these palettes is they come with the instruction cards which are so easy to follow! Once shadow is done I apply my eyeliner. The liner I use is seriously AMAZING. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper. 
It's a liquid liner but in the form of a marker or felt tip pen almost. It doesn't smear and the pen style makes it simple to apply. Also, it seems to last forever. I bought my first one months ago. Thinking I would run out at an inopportune time I bought another. That was probably two months ago. I still haven't opened the new one. I also put some Cover Girl concealer under my eyes. For my brows I use Almay's brow pencil. Finally my mascara! I am a total mascara fiend. I love anything that will make my lashes look long and full! I was using Benefit's They're Real! Mascara for a bit, but after awhile I felt like it wasn't working as well as it originally was and just wasn't worth $21. I decided to give Maybelline's Falsies mascara another shot after seeing it on the Today show. They must've changed the formula because it now is amazing! I now use The Falsies Flared mascara. LOVE IT! And that's it for my eyes! Highly recommend all of these products! Try them, I promise you'll love them! 

To finish, I want to spend a moment talking about one of my most favorite people. Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum. 
Why is she one of my favorite people? Well besides being in my favorite band, she is also a gorgeous REAL woman who I totally could see being my BFF. I've met her twice and seriously... such a sweet kind person! Now, what I do I mean by a REAL woman you ask? She has curves. She isn't a skinny minnie. And I love that. I too have curves and am no skinny minnie. Hillary shows me that you don't have to be tiny skinny to be beautiful. So, though I'm sure she won't ever read this, Hillary, you are beautiful. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and many other women! 

So ladies, who's one of your favorite people that inspires you? 




2 comments:

  1. So I totally just bought the Smoky Eye Palette and some Shadow Insurance! I'm so excited to get them in the mail. Thank you so much for the recommendation and letting me know Too Faced was having their sale! I have been wanting to rock the smokey eye look for a long time and didn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome!! Which palette did you get? They actually have two Smokeys.... there's the Smoky and the Smokey. lol But they actually are different shades. Even if you got the Smoky I think it'll be great! Seems like all of their palettes are wonderful! I hope you enjoy them! And like I said, if you have any trouble with it I would be happy to help you out!! =)

    ReplyDelete