Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

PopSugar March Must Have + Urban Decay Oz Palette

So I received my March PopSugar Must Have box today .... and for the time being at least, it is my last. I discovered a new quarterly box called FabFitFun which is curated by Giuliana Rancic. It's $50 every three months, but is still cheaper than PS in the long run. I wasn't planning on doing this, but after I thought about it quite a bit, I decided to go for it. The big ticket item for their first box is going to be Moroccan Oil which I've been wanting to try. But I'll save all that for when I get it! =) I'm also planning on signing up for Birchbox so I can still have something monthly to look forward to. I like getting full size items and fun stuff in PS... but it almost seems like all I'm doing is accumulating more 'stuff' that I don't even have room for! With Birchbox I can just get samples of beauty products for $10/month. So, with FFF and BB it's still $100 cheaper a year than PS. ANYWAY. On to what came in this month's box. I wasn't quite as excited this month which probably didn't help.


Just not too many 'must have' items for me. Here's the breakdown.


First is a super long tassel necklace from Heather Belle. I actually think it's pretty cute and wore it to my Bible study tonight. This is one of the items I actually like. Not sure if you can tell, but it's an octagon there. I guess that's their signature shape or something. lol 


Next is Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara, which I've been told is really great. It also has a wavy curvalicious wand. lol Another item that I do like. I love trying new mascaras... it's the one makeup item I have an obsession with. 


Next is The New Black 'Pardon My French' nail polishes. I've never heard of this brand, but I love these colors! Kind of hard to tell I guess, but on the left is kind of a shimmery coral red color and the right is classic red. I'm glad I got these shades instead of the navy and gray that others received. BORING. Putting these on tonight! 


This is The Laundress Delicate Wash. I'll use it. It has a clean scent. But this is one of the items that I can't say is a 'must have'. I'm glad I received this one though instead of the Wool and Cashmere Wash, which I'd never use. 


More items that aren't really 'must have' for me ... Hollywood Secrets Sweater Saver and Fashion Tape. I'll use the sweater saver... it will probably be handy. Fashion tape... we'll see. 


Finally, the Corkatoo. He's cute, I'll say that. But I don't drink. So I'll never use this. I guess I'll keep him and somehow use him as decoration in my future kitchen. I also received Peeps which I'll take to work to share. And of course there's coupons for 50% off of Hollywood Secrets items and a free Buxom gloss deluxe sample from Sephora. 

Box Value : 

Heather Belle Tassel Necklace : $72
Buxom Mascara :  $19
The New Black Polish : $10
The Laundress : $19
Hollywood Secrets : $5.99 (not counting the tape as it's really more of a sample)
Corkatoo : $15.99
Peeps : $2 give or take? 

Total : $143.98

Good value if you go by what they charge. However, I'll tell you I would not pay that much for the necklace. It's worth about $20. And the corkatoo... maybe $10. Also I wouldn't pay $19 for detergent. BUT, that's neither here nor there. I can't wait to get my FabFitFun box! It should be shipping this week. 

I also ordered the Urban Decay Oz palette in Glinda awhile back. 


This palette costs $49 ... kind of pricey! But it does come with technically 8 shadows, eyeliner and gloss. It also comes with an instruction card so you can recreate Michelle Williams' look. (it's very flattering!) The shades are : Tornado, Aura, Magic, Illusion, Oz, and South. The eyeliner is in Rockstar which is a deep purple and the gloss is in Glinda which is a flattering nude shade. You can also remove the shadows once they've run out and replace them with any other Urban Decay shadow! 

That's all for this post! I AM getting the Influenster February Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox, so hopefully that will be coming soon! Speaking of free items ... has anyone tried Free Flys? I've been told about this site and have seen it on Facebook ... anyone have experience with it? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment