Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

FabFitFun Inaugural Box

Well I finally received my FabFitFun box .... I was prepared to be disappointed as I participate in the MakeupTalk forum and I saw many others get icky boxes. But I wanted to reserve judgement until I actually got my box. Now that I have, I can say I am very disappointed. I did a lot of research and a lot of considering before deciding on this box. There were boxes sent to bloggers before they were shipped. Those boxes contained the guaranteed Moroccan Oil as well as a Go Smile whitening pen, Josie Maran lip stain, Butter London polish, Zoya polish, Think Thin bar, Jouer gloss, and a cute star necklace from JewelMint. After much consideration I decided to cancel my PopSugar box and get FFF. It would be cheaper in the long run and seemed like items I would enjoy. I wanted to try Moroccan Oil and I thought the whitening pen and JM lip stain seemed great. Plus, the necklace was cute! Well then boxes started shipping... people didn't get what bloggers received. Once the pattern of what was sent in what box was determined, I figured out I would be getting one of the crummy boxes. My box obviously contained the Moroccan Oil (which I'm still excited to try) and it had the Think Thin, Jouer gloss in Glisten and Zoya polish. I was missing the whitening pen, BL and JM. In place of those I received three rather ugly pieces of JewelMint jewelry. Certainly not this season and not fab!! 

My jewelry : 

So I received (left to right) a pair of odd silver dangly earrings with blue beads at the top, a gold scratched up ring with purple and a pink rhinestone on either side and a rather hideous shade of yellow earrings (the stones in the middle are a topaz-y shade). Trust me when I say they're much uglier than this picture shows. 

The box: 

I forgot to mention that green thing there is a joke of a sample Perfekt brow gel. At least mine wasn't dried up like many others were. Out of this I'll use the oil, Think Thin, Zoya and Jouer. I understand that the oil alone is worth about $40... but honestly I wouldn't have gone for this box (for $50!) if I had known the pen, BL, JM and star necklace would be missing and three crappy pieces of jewelry in it's place. I really hardly ever complain about my boxes. I try to find positives in them all. Even in this month's PopSugar box (which I wasn't wowed by) I found some positives that still made it worth my money. Several people have complained about this box and many are being offered a free summer box. I sent my complaint email on and would like the free summer box. I'll give them that to see if they make it up. If I'm not offered that (or if I am and it's still a lame box) I'll be canceling. In the meantime, I resubbed to PopSugar. Luckily I was able to find a $5 off code and use it again. I was also able to resub in time to get April's box. Lesson learned! Just because something seems like it'll be nicer and seems all flashy doesn't mean it is! So I feel like I'm crawling back to PS begging them to take me back. Like I took them for granted. haha 

In other news, I tried some of the Birchbox samples ... the Whish shaving cream is so great! I love the blueberry scent. So I plan on purchasing more of that. I tried the dry shampoo today. Either I didn't use it correctly or dry shampoo just isn't for me. It just made my hair seem more oily and dirty. But at least I got to try it! I wore the Twistband on Sunday and it's cute! But it needs grippy things on one side because it just kept slipping off. Anyway .. had to share my disappointment in FFF. I really was excited for this sub .... ah well. As I said, lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment