Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Where To Begin....

My first blog..... where to begin? Thanks to my dear friend Denae's encouragement, I've started one. The suggestion was to write a blog about nail polishes as I've been really getting into experimenting with different polishes lately. However, I decided in the end to keep it open to not only polish, but makeup and fashion. Probably more polish and makeup than fashion. But when the mood strikes, I'll include some. So, for my first post I'll go over my most recent polish experiment. I decided to do my 'holiday' colors early as Sally Hansen has their new winter Salon Effects out and I want to get on those ASAP! (they truly are the most amazing way to liven up your nails! And so incredibly easy!) Ok, the nails.

This is so basic and easy.... all I did was layer! I started out with Sephora by OPI base coat. I then applied two coats of butter London's Knees Up. Once that was relatively dry I added however much I felt looked good of OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy with It on top! Finished off with Sephora by OPI top coat. So far I've found that their base and top coat works really well and the mani stays chip free for at least a week if not longer. Knees Up is what I think of as almost a patent-y red if that makes sense. It's a metallic red but when I look at it I think of patent leather heels. 
 
Gettin' Miss Piggy with It looks thicker than it is in the bottle. It's in fact a sheer glitter with a clear base. So I've found that it's best used for layering. It would take more coats than I want to mess with by itself. The glitter in this polish is a ruby red with large silver hex glitters. I will say that this glitter (as with all) is difficult to remove. However in this, the silver hex is the biggest problem. You really have to let them soak up the remover a bit more than with other glitters. But the look is worth it! 
I'll have this look on for probably about a week.... I need to go buy up the Sally Hansen prints which I will post as soon as I try them. Next post will be another layering that I did before this one. I'm also thinking of doing a post on favorite makeups... thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment