Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

PopSugar May Must Have + May Birchbox

This month seemed to be a long wait for my boxes ... but I finally received them! First, this month's Birchbox!


This was a good month! 


Coola Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face ... This is typically only for sunscreen, but I've found it's perfect as a moisturizer under my makeup. It really does a great job at smoothing everything out and adds more protection from the sun! A little pricey ... a tube of 1.7 oz is $32. 


Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive ... I've used this once so far as you are only supposed to use it twice a week. I didn't notice any kind of huge difference in my skin ... it had a nice green apple scent but I wouldn't pay the $39 for a full size. 



Kerastase Bain Chroma Captive -Cleanse ... I had three packets of this. I gave one to my friend and kept the other two. The first time I tried opening it in the shower ... what a mistake! After chipping off a ridiculous amount of polish trying to rip it open I finally had to use my earring to poke a hole in it! You'd think they'd make them a little easier to open in the shower .... but the next day I made sure to open it beforehand! Anyway, the shampoo itself was ok. Nothing too special. I'll stick with my Redken. It did smell nice however.


Hail Merry Macaroons ... I was excited about these as they are vegan (eggless!) and I could eat them. When I tried them however, not too good. I mean, they weren't horrible. But I wouldn't buy them again. A bit flavorless to me ... plus it had coconut so the texture was awful to me. 


Cargo Water Resistant Blush ... I love this! I received the shade Los Cabos which is described as a soft tangerine ... it really looks so good and goes on so well! This I would buy again. Again, a bit pricey at $26. But it really is a great product! 

Now for PopSugar! 

This month was so good! 


 I guess this was just an extra ... just a little bag that I'm not sure what I'll do with ... lol 


Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat ... I wish this hat was a bit floppier ... but it has wire in the brim. Ah well, it's still cute and I hope I have a lot of times I can wear it this summer! Mine came in graphite. 



Modern Margarita ... I don't drink, but these are alcohol free so I'll be able to use them still in mocktails. Can you make a virgin margarita in a blender? I don't even know. I hope so since I just got a new blender! 



Conversation cards from Mindy Kaling ... these are fun! I loved her book 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me' and these are a lot of the same things. So it was fun to read it all again and have more laughs. 



Beauty Blender and Cleanser ... I've heard a lot about these and was excited to try them! I still need to master the technique ... but I think I'll love it! 



Pacifica Quench Lip Tint ... my scene was sugared fig and honestly, it smells like Bonne Bell Dr Pepper! Really yummy. It doesn't have much of a tint really which is fine. It's a flattering balm. 



Way Better Snacks in Sweet Chili flavor ... oh my goodness were these delicious! And healthy! I'm definitely going to be looking for these at the health food store! They had a little kick but wow ... yummy!! 



Finally, a $30 off card for Charm & Chain... they have really unique and pretty jewelry! Pricey .... but using this card and a welcome discount of 10% when you sign up for emails makes it a bit better. The only problem is that everyone who got this has been buying everything up! The ring I planned on was sold out in a day ... good thing the card is good til the end of the year! 

Box Total : 

Kooringal Hat : $27.99
Modern Margarita : $24.38
Mindy Kaling cards : $13.45
Beauty Blender set: $34.95
Pacifica : $6.99
Way Better Snacks : $2.00
Charm & Chain : $30.00
Total : $139.76

GREAT boxes this month!! Hopefully next month will be just as good. Also next month I should be getting my free FabFitFun box .... I'm tempted to cancel before I get it though just because I'm irritated with their practices and don't want to deal with having to send anything back. We'll see .... 

Also, in March I posted getting Incoco nail stickers from Birchbox ... I finally put them on tonight! The pattern is better than I thought! And they went on so nicely! I would consider getting these again! 


The background is actually kind of a nude shade with the reddish pink flowers ... more flattering than I thought they'd be! Anyway ... til next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment